Becoming a Volunteer
Press HERE to Download the Volunteer Brochure
- Download or request MWBC Disaster Relief volunteer packet of forms
- Return completed, signed forms to MWBC Disaster Relief Directors (see address on the front page of packet)
- A returned, completed packet is required to be on file for each volunteer and will enter your name in database of interested volunteers
- Receive periodic newsletter/updates via email
- Attend MWBC Disaster Relief Orientation Training Class: "Involving Southern Baptists in Disaster Relief"
Complete MWBC Disaster Relief Classroom Training for Specific Unit(s) of Your Choosing
- Feeding Unit
- Chaplaincy Unit
- Chainsaw Unit
- Mud-Out/Recovery Unit
- Shower/Laundry Unit
- Prayer Support Unit
- Complete MWBC Disaster Relief Hands-On Training for Specific Unit(s) of Your Choosing
Some Units Require Additional, Specialized Training:
Chaplaincy Unit =
OSFA (Operational Stress First Aid)
- Complete and Return Background Authorization Form (included in Volunteer Packet)
- Approved Background Check Received
- Photo is needed for ID Badge/Credentials
- Upon completion of these steps and an acceptable background check, each volunteer will receive a yellow DR hat and ID badge which is the official uniform.
- A refresher training "Involving Southern Baptists in Disaster Relief" is required every three years to update credentials.